The tradition of producing this Txakoli wine in the Pais Vasco (Basque Country) town of Hondarribia was lost in the 17th century, but is now being restored thanks to the brilliant Hiruzta project. Hondarrabi Zuri and a small amount of Gros Manseng grapes go through gentle pressing and cold racking, followed fermentation at low temperatures in stainless steel tanks.
Showing the classic light effervescence that Txakoli is known for, this wine brings aromas of pear, apple, grapefruit and pineapple. Sharp, fresh and balanced in the mouth, it has the slight characteristic of a pearl wine with a citrus and tropical fruit finish. Try with seafood, fried fish or chicken, or canapes.
The Hiruzta project was launched by the Rekalde Family, with the aim of restoring the tradition of Txakoli production in Hondarribia. The town lends its name to the grape variety from which Txakoli is produced - Hondarrabi Zuri. The winery and 11 hectares of estate vineyard sit in the foothills of Jaizkibel Mountain. Planted in 2007, the vines are in soils which have a thick bedrock layer and clayish marl topsoil.
|Grape:||Hondarrabi Zuri 95% Gros Manseng 5%|
|Region/Appellation:||Pais Vasco/Getariako Txakolina|
Showing the classic light effervescence that Txakoli is known for, this wine brings aromas of pear, apple, grapefruit and pineapple. Sharp, fresh and balanced in the mouth, it has the slight characteristic of a pearl wine with a citrus and tropical fruit finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Hondarrabi Zuri 95% Gros Manseng 5%