This sweet Austrian Eiswein (Icewine) from Weingut Hiedler uses Weissburgunder (Pinot Blanc) grapes that are harvested at temperatures of at least −7 °C in winter months. During the long pressing process, the frozen berries yield the smallest amounts of an ice-cold concentrate. Slow fermentation takes place in stainless steel over several months, with further months on fine lees.
The result is a fine and elegant dessert wine whose focused acidity creates a juicy contrast to the natural sweetness. Enormous aromas show a mixture of tropical fruit scents such as lychee and pineapple, alongside ripe apricot and peach. The mature and creamy palate has great depth. Sumptuous, powerful and focused. Try with fruity desserts or blue cheese.
Austria's Hiedler family have been winemaking for over 160 years and use their dedication to craftsmanship to vinify timeless, personal wines that tell the story of their origin. Based in their hometown of Langenlois in the Kamptal Valley, their centuries-old vineyards benefit from alpine loess and metamorphic rock soils.
Bottle Size 37.5cl
|Grape:||Weissburgunder (Pinot Blanc)|
Enormous aromas show a mixture of tropical fruit scents such as lychee and pineapple, alongside ripe apricot and peach. The mature and creamy palate has great depth. Sumptuous, powerful and focused
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Desserts|Blue Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery