Domaine Harmand-Geoffroy was established towards the end of the 19th century and owns 9 hectares of premium vineyard in the Gevrey-Chambertin appellation of Burgundy. The average age of vines is 50 years, with some as old as 85 years. Pinot Noir grapes from parcels of old vines have 5 day cold maceration, fermentation for 15 to 21 days, and then 12 to 16 months maturation in oak barrels; 20%-40% of which is new wood.
En Jouise is the result, a wine expressing lots of fresh cherry aromas alongside notes of cranberry and oak. This fruit falls on the rich and silky palate with excellent elegance. Suitable for further bottle ageing for up to 10 years. Try with rich dishes of beef, lamb, duck or goose, spicy curries or stir fries. or pungent cheeses.
Taking the reins from his father, Gérard, Philippe Harmand seeks to continue the good work of emphasising fruit, finesse and faithful expression of individual vineyard sites. Since the Gevrey area confers a natural intensity and power, he does not seek to accentuate these characteristics further, but instead looks for balance and succulence. No use of chemical fertilizers and a green harvest is carried out at the end of each July to limit yields.
|Grape:||Pinot Noir 100%|
Lots of fresh cherry aromas alongside notes of cranberry and oak. This fruit falls on the rich and silky palate with excellent elegance.
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Duck|Goose|Curry|Chinese|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Harmand Geoffroy En Jouise Gevrey Chambertin
Pinot Noir 100%