Grand Tokaj Dry Furmint
This Hungarian dry white wine hails from the famed, historic Tokaj region, a UNESCO World Heritage site, where the Furmint grape is prevalent. Selected Furmint grapes are gently pressed and part barrel-aged for a balance of texture and complexity alongside purity and freshness.
Light lemon in colour with clean citrus aromas and slight spiciness from the influence of the barrel-aged parcels. It has a round, medium-bodied palate with flavours of dried apricot, citrus, honey and some mineral character on the long finish. Try with smoked fish, white meats, salads or soft cheeses.
Grand Tokaj Winery (previously known as Tokaj Kereskedohaz) is the largest winery in the historic Tokaj-hegyalja wine region and works hard to protect Hungary's national winemaking tradition. They own 66 hectares of vineyards and purchase grapes from over 1200 small producers. Head winemaker and chief oenologist Károly Áts was winner of the title ’Winemaker of the Year’ in 2012 and supervises all production.
Clean citrus aromas and slight spice. Round, medium-bodied palate with flavours of dried apricot, citrus, honey and some mineral character on the long finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Fish|Chicken|Turkey|Salad|Soft Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket