Southern Uruguay's Gimenez Mendez uses hand picked Malbec grapes cool macerated for 6 days before slow fermentation with selected yeast for 12 to 15 days. Maturation in American and French oak for 8 months before a final blend.
Intense ruby red in colour, this wine shows a cocktail of aromas made up of ripe berries, vanilla, prune and cherries. On the palate, it is powerful and persistent, with very rich tannins, jammy red fruit and sweet spice. Try with red meats, stuffed pasta, empanadas (pastry wraps) or mature cheeses.
Gimenez Mendez was founded in southern Uruguay in 1991 by a husband and wife team who continue overseeing production to this day. They have become one of the country's top producers winning multiple international awards every year. Their high altitude vineyards and excellent expertise bring the best out of their traditional grapes and a unique 'Gimenez' quality to their other wines.
A cocktail of aromas made up of ripe berries, vanilla, prune and cherries. On the palate, it is powerful and persistent, with very rich tannins, jammy red fruit and sweet spice.
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Pork|Pasta|Pastries|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Gimenez Mendez Alta Reserva Malbec