Georges Vigouroux Pigmentum Blanc
The tawny sands and boulberies of Georges Vigouroux vineyards bring together alluvium and clay soils, located in the privileged area of Gers in Gascogne with its oceanic and temperate climate. Ugni Blanc and Colombard grapes are separately fermented with static cold settling before fermentation for two weeks in stainless steel tanks. The wine is then aged on its fermentation lees for two to six months before regular bâtonnage.
This careful production creates a rounded, fruity white perfumed with lime blossom and ripe stone fruit. The palate brings forward soft flavours of tropical fruit such as pineapple and guava, which are given shape and definition by a tangy wash of grapefruit on the finish. This easy-going white wine is best enjoyed well chilled as an aperitif with starters such as stuffed avocado, brochettes, seafood salad or light cheeses. Ugni Blanc 60 %, Colombard 40 %
Established in 1887, family winery Georges Vigouroux embodies long-standing expertise over four generations. They work to ensure low yields of stock in their vineyards to bring full concentration and preserve delicate perfume of grapes. Maintaining tradition while introducing innovative methods, the winery's ethos is to reflect the art of life: gastronomy, sharing, well-being, and achieve excellence through determination, passion and hard work.
|Grape:||Ugni Blanc 60% Colombard 40%|
Perfumed with lime blossom and ripe stone fruit, the palate brings forward soft flavours of tropical fruit such as pineapple and guava, which are given shape and definition by a tangy wash of grapefruit on the finish..
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Canapes|Vegetables|Salad|Seafood|Soft Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket