Part of the Chile's Garage Wine Co. range from small, single old vine vineyards. They pride themselves on creating small lots of handcrafted wines with grapes sourced from small growers in the Maipo and Maule valleys. This wine is a field blend of Carignan with a smidgen of Mataro from the Truquilemu vineyard in Maule. Farmed by hand and horse, the grapes are fermented with native yeasts, hand punched and pressed, before barrel ageing over two winters.
Lot #67 is a focused wine with an open nose of violets, roses, jammy raspberry characters, exotic spices, black plum, black cherry, underbrush and earthy minerals. The palate shows sweet purple and red fruit, very ripe tannins and a bracing, mouth watering finish. Try with lamb, beef or pork, spicy chillis or tapas, or hard mature cheeses.
Garage Wine Co. was founded by a group of wine enthusiasts who decided to make world class wines from, well, their garage! Stripping winemaking back to basics and selling to friends and family, it appeared their traditional, lovingly crafted approach was a great success, with demand soon enough exceeding supply. Truly unique, bold and eclectic wines with wonderful complexity of fruit, they maintain a relatively small output regardless of their international success to ensure the highest quality is maintained.
|Grape:||Carignan & Marato|
|Region/Appellation:||Central Valley/Maule Valley|
An open nose of violets, roses, jammy characters, exotic spices, black plum, black cherry, underbrush and earthy minerals. The palate shows sweet purple fruit, very ripe tannins and a bracing, mouth watering finish.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Lamb|Beef|Pork|Mexican|Tapas|Hard Cheese|Mature Cheese|
|Producer:||Garage Wine Co|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery