Garage Old Vine Carignan
Part of the Chile's Garage Wine Co. range from small, single old vine vineyards. They pride themselves on creating small lots of handcrafted wines with grapes sourced from small growers in the Maipo and Maule valleys. This wine is a field blend of Carignan with a smidgen of Mataro from the Truquilemu vineyard in Maule. Farmed by hand and horse, the grapes are fermented with native yeasts, hand punched and pressed, before barrel ageing over two winters.
Lot #67 is a focused wine with an open nose of violets, roses, jammy characters, exotic spices, black plum, black cherry, underbrush and earthy minerals. The palate shows sweet purple fruit, very ripe tannins and a bracing, mouth watering finish. Try with lamb, beef or pork, spicy chillis or tapas, or hard mature cheeses.
Garage Wine Co. was founded by a group of wine enthusiasts who decided to make world class wines from, well, their garage! Stripping winemaking back to basics and selling to friends and family, it appeared their traditional, lovingly crafted approach was a great success, with demand soon enough exceeding supply. Truly unique, bold and eclectic wines with wonderful complexity of fruit, they maintain a relatively small output regardless of their international success to ensure the highest quality is maintained.
|Grape:||Carignan & Marato|
|Region/Appellation:||Central Valley/Maule Valley|
An open nose of violets, roses, jammy characters, exotic spices, black plum, black cherry, underbrush and earthy minerals. The palate shows sweet purple fruit, very ripe tannins and a bracing, mouth watering finish.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Lamb|Beef|Pork|Mexican|Tapas|Hard Cheese|Mature Cheese|
|Producer:||Garage Wine Co|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket