Gal Tibor Egri Csillag
This complex dry white wine blend from Gal Tibor in the Eger region of Hungary is made from an array of 8 indigenous and international grape varieties grown in a beautiful relief area, where vineyards and fields are characterized by a unique micro-climate. This is a real Egri Csillag (The star of Eger) - the white wine equivalent to Egri Bikavér (Bulls Blood).
Aromas of spring flowers sit alongside citrus, min, and subtle peach. The palate shows a charming sharpness with almond and ripe banana completed by fine acids. Balanced harmony and pleasant freshness characterise this lovely wine. try with light mezze appetisers, grilled fish, pizza, creamy pasta dishes or feta cheese.
After a series of jobs in other wineries throughout Hungary, Italy and South Africa – during which time he progressed from cellar hand to chief winemaker – Gal Tibor set up his own winery 1993 and was named 'Winemaker of the Year' by the Hungarian Wine Academy in 1998. His passion and enthusiasm, both for winemaking and for the indigenous varieties of Eger, were fundamental to his success. Tibor and his team only cultivate grape varieties that are ideally suited to the micro-climate of Eger.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Leányka, Királyleányka, Olaszrizling, Viognier, Pinot blanc, Sauvignon blanc, Szürkebarát, Tramini|
Aromas of spring flowers sit alongside citrus, mint, and subtle peach. The palate shows a charming sharpness with almond and ripe banana completed by fine acids. Balanced harmony and pleasant freshness.
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket