Drink Me Tinto
A great example of Portuguese blending from Niepoort Wines with grapes from the Douro region. Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Amarela, and other varieties had short fermentation in stainless steel tanks before a portion of the wine was matured in French oak barriques and the remainder in stainless steel for about 6 months.
This brings a wine of intense ruby appearance and an elegant aromatic profile boasting mineral notes in harmony with balsamic, floral and fresh red fruit scents. The palate is light and elegant, expressing crunchy red fruit with depth and freshness. Smooth, persistent tannins combine to make this a wine of superb drinkability. Try with white meats, pasta and vegetarian dishes.
Founded in 1842, Niepoort Wines is now run by 5th generation Dirk Niepoort. Small in nature, it has built a formidable international reputation for its port and still wines, with demand threatening to outstrip supply.
|Grape:||Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Amarela, and other varieties|
Elegant aromatic profile boasting mineral notes in harmony with balsamic, floral and fresh red fruit scents. The palate is light and elegant, expressing crunchy red fruit, depth, freshness, and smooth, persistent tannins
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket