This beautiful red wine comes from the small village of Irancy in Northern Burgundy and is produced using the Pinot Noir and César grapes. Rich in tannins, lively in colour, the César is a noble grape which lends the wine an interesting personality. Fermentation using natural yeasts before maturation for 12 months in French oak (10% new).
Elegant, refined and supple with ruby colour and a fine floral top line. Fruit aromas of blackcurrant, Morello cherry, raspberry and blackberry underlaid by floral, liquorice and pepper notes. Intensity of flavour on the palate with a big finish and good length. Try with spare ribs, barbecue dishes or brie-style cheeses.
Irancy is situated in the Grand Auxerrois region of Burgundy on the right bank of the Yonne river. The slopes are for the most part composed of Kimmeridgian marls with an admixture of brown limestone soils and the Pinot Noir grape flourishes at altitudes of 130-250m. Domaine Ternynck is run by Laurent and Marie-Noelle Ternynck and have produced some amazing examples from this very interesting area.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Pinot Noir 90% Cesar 10%|
Elegant, refined and supple with a fine floral top line. Fruit aromas of blackcurrant, Morello cherry, raspberry and blackberry underlaid by floral, liquorice and pepper notes. Intensity of flavour on the palate with a big finish and good length.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pork|Barbecue|Soft Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Domaine Ternynck Irancy Pinot Noir:
Pinot Noir 90% Cesar 10%