This beautiful red wine comes from the small village of Irancy in Northern Burgundy and is produced with 100% hand harvested Pinot Noir from 30 year old vines in Portlandian soils, rich in limestone. Whole grapes bunches go into the tank for short 2-week fermentation on the skins with daily pumping-over. Free run and press juices are vinified separately but reassembled for the malolactic fermentation. Unfiltered prior to bottling.
Robert Goulley Irancy offers a fresh and intense nose, slightly spicy, dominated by red fruit. The mouth experiences a fresh attack of raspberry, cherry, and blackcurrant followed by fine tannic intensity and ending on a harmonious final touch. Potential ageing for a further 10 years. Try with game and red meats, dishes with rich tomato sauces or mature cheeses.
Irancy is situated in the Grand Auxerrois region of Burgundy on the right bank of the Yonne river where the jurassic soils allow Pinot Noir grape to flourish at altitudes of 130-250m. Domaine Robert Goulley make it a point of honour to preserve the surrounding environment and work in harmony with nature. Their superb wines have been certified ‘Haute Valeur Environnementale’ to reflect this.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
A fresh and intense nose, slightly spicy, dominated by red fruit. The mouth experiences a fresh attack of raspberry, cherry, and blackcurrant followed by fine tannic intensity and ending on a harmonious final touch.
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|Malolactic|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pork|Beef|Lamb|Stew/Casserole|Pasta|Game|Mature Cheese|
|Producer:||Domaine Robert Goulley|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery