This fine Chardonnay hails from the appellation of Puligny Montrachet in the Cote de Beaune, a small village area with many Grand and Premier Cru vineyards. Steep valley hills with excellent orientation and clay-limestone soils create ideal growing conditions. This example from Henri Prudhon et Fils uses grapes from their prized Les Enseigneres vineyard with 30 and 80 year old vines. The wine is aged on lees for 15 to 18 months in oak barrels, 20% of which is new.
The result is a Chardonnay that is excellent to drink now, but can further age in the bottle for up to 8 years. Golden in appearance, it shows aromas of ripe white stone fruit, toasted oak and soft florals. The rich palate cuts through with citrus and minerality alongside ripe fruit and nuts, with a touch of smoke on the finish. Try with white meats, fish, seafood or sushi dishes.
The son of a wine grower, Henri Prudhon was born in neighbouring Saint-Aubin in 1921 and established the estate in 1945. Their wider reach increased significantly from the early 1980's, with plots acquired in Chassagne-Montrachet and Puligny-Montrachet. The estate is now run by Henri's grandchildren who pride themselves on the careful development of wine, not manufacture.
Aromas of ripe white stone fruit, toasted oak and soft florals. The rich palate cuts through with citrus and minerality alongside ripe fruit and nuts, with a touch of smoke on the finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|Lees|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Chicken|Seafood|Sushi|Fish|Turkey|Blue Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket