Domaine Louis Michel Chablis Premier Cru Montmain
Domaine Louis Michel et Fils work with 21 hectares of vineyards, many of them Premier and Grand Cru. This Premier Cru Chablis uses grapes from their Montmain vineyards, that extend along a clay slope known for being senstive to spring frosts. They pay careful attention to these 25+ year old vines during these periods, successfully allowing their thriving continuation.
As a Chablis should be, the wine is unoaked, fermenting in stainless steel to retain fresh fruit purity. It is further aged in tank on lees for 12 months to bring complex bready notes and rounded texture. This results in a vibrant, lemony wine with a bouquet of flowers and a whiff of brioche, green apple, and zippy citrus in the mouth. An exquisite Chablis, try with a wide variety of canapes, lobster, pan fried scallop, swiss cheese, goats cheese, or even a good mature cheddar.
The Michel family have been making wines in the heart of Chablis since the 19th century. A firmly rooted sense of excellence is passed down from generation to generation. They thrive with terroir of Kimmeridgian and Portlandian subsoil, a semi-continental climate and an emblematic grape, Chardonnay, to create Chablis perfection. Vineyard vines are 45 years old on average and located on the most prestigious parcels of the appellation.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Region/Appellation:||Burgundy/Chablis Premier Cru|
A vibrant, lemony wine with a bouquet of flowers and a whiff of brioche, green apple, and zippy citrus in the mouth.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Canapes|Shellfish|Goats Cheese|Cheese|Hard Cheese|
|Producer:||Domaine Louis Michel|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket