Domaine Louis Michel et Fils work with 21 hectares of vineyards, many of them Premier and Grand Cru. This generous, intense Grand Cru Chablis uses grapes from the Vaudesir vineyard on the lower part of the slopes. Wines produced from this site are tight, with tension between wonderful salinity, full body, and ample creaminess of texture.
Grapes are hand harvested and collected in small crates to prevent splitting and are
fermented at controlled low temperatures in stainless steel to preserve aromatic freshness. No oak is used at all in the production, with the producer relying entirely on modest yields to produce the concentration and intensity of character for which Louis Michel wines are known. Each tank is left in contact with the lees for added complexity before natural cold settling, racking, blending and bottling.
A colossally pleasurable wine, Grand Cru Vaudesir reveals aromatic notes of rhubarb and acacia ﬂower. Fine and elegant in the mouth, with buttery, brioche aromas, and a suggestion of coconut. Try with seafood and shellfish dishes, grilled asparagus and salmon, green Thai curry, brie, or mature goats or cheddar cheeses.
The Michel family have been making wines in the heart of Chablis since the 19th century. A firmly rooted sense of excellence is passed down from generation to generation. They thrive with terroir of Kimmeridgian and Portlandian subsoil, a semi-continental climate and an emblematic grape, Chardonnay, to create Chablis perfection. Vineyard vines are 45 years old on average and located on the most prestigious parcels of the appellation.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Region/Appellation:||Burgundy/Chablis Grand Cru|
Aromatic notes of rhubarb and acacia ﬂower. Fine and elegant in the mouth, with buttery, brioche aromas, and a suggestion of coconut.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Seafood|Shellfish|Goats Cheese|Mature Cheese|Soft Cheese|Vegetables|Fish|Curry|
|Producer:||Domaine Louis Michel|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery