Domaine Louis Michel Chablis Grand Cru Grenouilles
Domaine Louis Michel et Fils work with 21 hectares of vineyards, many of them Premier and Grand Cru. This generous, intense Grand Cru Chablis uses grapes from the smallest Grand Cru vineyard of the appellation, Grenouilles, Known for its rarity and world renowned status, this particular plot of healthy Kimmeridgian soil is located at the top of the slope. The wines of Grenouilles offer a blend of power and finesse, and are always full of surprises.
Grapes are hand harvested and collected in small crates to prevent splitting and are
fermented at controlled low temperatures in stainless steel to preserve aromatic freshness. No oak is used at all in the production, but each tank is left in
contact with the lees for added complexity before natural cold settling, racking, blending and bottling.
This luxurious wine shows citrus and white stone fruit aromas with floral touches. The palate is precise and mouth watering with lots of ripe citrus balanced by peaches and a touch of cream. A wine to savour. Unlike basic Chablis which performs very well as an aperitif, this wine requires a partner to show at its best. Try with pesto bruscetta, Mediterranean salads, calamari, shellfish, or goats cheese.
The Michel family have been making wines in the heart of Chablis since the 19th century. A firmly rooted sense of excellence is passed down from generation to generation. They thrive with terroir of Kimmeridgian and Portlandian subsoil, a semi-continental climate and an emblematic grape, Chardonnay, to create Chablis perfection. Vineyard vines are 45 years old on average and located on the most prestigious parcels of the appellation.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Region/Appellation:||Burgundy/Chablis Grand Cru|
Citrus and white stone fruit aromas with floral touches. The palate is precise and mouth watering with lots of ripe citrus balanced by peaches and a touch of cream. A wine to savour.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Old Vines|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Mediterranean|Seafood|Shellfish|Salad|Goats Cheese|
|Producer:||Domaine Louis Michel|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket