This exceptional varietal Chateauneuf du Pape from Domaine de la Janasse uses hand harvested Grenache grapes from their low yield Chaupin vineyard with old vines dating back to 1912. This long standing producer of the finest wines takes the utmost care in production, with maturation for 12 months in French oak.
The result is an extremely juicy wine with a sappy core of cassis, raspberry and currant confiture backed by notes of bittersweet cocoa, fruitcake, mulled spice, currants, chocolate and liquorice. Rich, smooth and satisfying. Try with roast beef, lamb curry, rich stews, smoky cauliflower steaks, or brie.
More than 40 years after Aimé Sabon established Janasse at Courthézon, this iconoclastic
young Turk of yesteryear is now established as one of the southern Rhône’s finest wine estates, spanning some 80 hectares of vineyards. Now under the control of Christophe Sabon and his sister Isabelle, Janasse’s much lauded Châteauneuf du Papes are a quintessentially modern interpretation of the vineyard’s superlative raw material: deep colour, excellent fruit, supple tannins and extraordinary richness.
|Region/Appellation:||Rhone/Chateauneuf du Pape|
An extremely juicy wine with a sappy core of cassis, raspberry and currant confiture backed by notes of bittersweet cocoa, fruitcake, mulled spice, currants, chocolate and liquorice. Rich, smooth and satisfying.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Curry|Stew/Casserole|Vegetables|Soft Cheese|
|Producer:||Domaine de la Janasse|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Domaine de la Janasse Chaupin Chateauneuf du Pape