The native Kalecik Karasi grape is held in high regard in Turkey, producing lighter wines of exceptional flavour. Named after the town of Kalecik in Ankara, Diren Winery have helped to rescue it from near extinction with their wish to bring Turkish grapes to the wider world. Often oaked to soften tannins, it can be compared to a well aged Pinot Noir.
Deep ruby with purple hues, this wine shows soft aromas of red fruits alongside subtle notes of banana in the background. These follow on to the palate with light tannins, fruity finesse and elegance. Try with pork, aubergine, mushroom and garlic dishes, sheep's milk cheese or aged cheese.
Turkey's Diren Winery began viticulture in 1940, with their first wine production in 1958. Within 5 years, they had won the first wine competition in the country and established themselves as central to contemporary winemaking. They aim to reflect the excellent native grapes of the Anatolia region.
|Grape:||Kalecik Karasi 100%|
Soft aromas of red fruits alongside subtle notes of banana in the background. These follow on to the palate with light tannins, fruity finesse and elegance.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pork|Aubergine|Mushroom|Garlic Dishes|Soft Cheese|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Diren Collection Kalecik Karasi
Kalecik Karasi 100%