Chateau Copsa's AXL was created as a limited edition wine of only1300 bottles, a challenge for their winemakers to create a wine from Karlovski Misket (Misket Cherven) grape that showcases the very best characteristics of this Bulgarian variety. Careful methods and observation started on the vineyard, with a small plot selected to carefully hone and express the aromas and terroir of the Rose Valley.
Pale lemon-green in colour, AXL Misket is highly aromatic with layers of florals such as geranium and white flowers, alongside notes of citrus. The medium-bodied palate is exceptionally fresh with good minerality matching citrus zest and pronounced geranium before a long, fresh finish. Try with smoked salmon, shellfish, salads, sushi or light noodle dishes.
Château Copsa is run by the Minkov family and sits at the heart of Bulgaria's Rose Valley where winemaking has existed since Thracian times. Founded in 1998, they reinvigorated old vineyards with Misket, and created new plots from scratch for other varieties. The unique character of the Rose Valley infuses their wine with the fresh bouquet of Copsa: the warmth of the southern sun, the sweet smell of roses, lavender and aromatic herbs, along with the cool breeze of the Balkan Mountains.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
Highly aromatic with layers of florals such as geranium and white flowers, alongside notes of citrus. The medium-bodied palate is exceptionally fresh with good minerality matching citrus zest and pronounced geranium before a long, fresh finish.
|Appearance:||Lemon & Green Hues|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Fish|Shellfish|Salad|East Asian dishes|Sushi|Noodles|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery