Murray Darling is Australia’s second-largest wine region, home to a diverse range of wine styles, activities and a vibrant food scene. Commissioner's Block Chardonnay uses fruit harvested during the cool nights and quickly processed after picking in order to retain freshness and varietal fruit characters. After vinification, the wine is matured on French oak and stirred on lees to create perfect balance and texture.
This Chardonnay has a beautiful straw colour with green hues. The nose offers an attractive bouquet of lemon curd, pear and stone fruits supported by subtle oak derived charry characters. Vibrant and refreshing on the palate with flavours of stone fruit and citrus, it is long and elegant with a crisp finish. Try with grilled chicken Caesar salad, light fish and seafood dishes, or mild cheeses.
Straddling the Murray River across New South Wales and Victoria, Murray Darling is a haven of rivers, wetlands and forests stretching west to the border of South Australia. In 1913, eager to expand his flourishing family business, EJ Roberts recognised that the soil and the climate of the region were well suited for viticulture and founded his estate with a block leased from Chairman of Railway Commissioners.
Suitable for Vegans
|Region/Appellation:||South Australia/Murray Darling|
The nose offers an attractive bouquet of lemon curd, pear and stone fruits supported by subtle oak derived charry characters. Vibrant and refreshing on the palate with flavours of stone fruit and citrus, it is long and elegant with a crisp finish.
|Appearance:||Lemon & Green Hues|
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Chicken|Salad|Fish|Seafood|Mild Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery