Grillo is the flagship of the Sicilian indigenous white varieties. Famous for its role in the production of Marsala wines, it has recently come into its own as a varietal making light, fresh and citrussy wines. The vineyards of Colomba Bianca are made up of distinct soil and climate conditions and range from sea-level up to 700 metres above sea level, each terroir imparting subtle complexity into the wine.
For their Vitese Grillo, hand picked grapes are vinified in small stainless steel tanks to retain freshness and purity. Soft pressing, low temperature fermentation and 4 months of rest in tank creates an aromatic and floral wine. Fresh and harmonious with ripe melon and green apple flavours, a well structured palate and refreshing lime on the finish. Try with light pastas and risottos, white fish, or mild smooth cheeses.
Established in 1970, Colomba Bianca is the largest Sicilian grower cooperative and the biggest Italian producer of organic wine. Despite their size, they engage a philosophy of micro-viticulture and micro-winemaking to ensure the ultimate precision, quality and expression of terroir.
Organic and suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians.
An aromatic and floral wine. Fresh and harmonious with ripe melon and green apple flavours, a well structured palate and refreshing lime on the finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Colomba Bianca Vitese Grillo: