Lebanon's Chateau Oumsiyat uses hand harvested Obeidy grapes, a native variety, from their Bekaa Valley vineyard at an altitude of 1000m, with calcareous-clay soils. An extended ripening period, concentrates flavours and aromas and a touch of Sauvignon Blanc and Viognier rounds the blend. Grapes are gently pressed each type vinified separately. Fermented in stainless steel with no malolactic.
The skillful blending gives Obeidy prominence for a creamy textured wine with flavours of honey and lemon. This is beautifully balanced by the Sauvignon Blanc’s crisp vivacity and citrus tones, while the Viognier complements with heady, peachy and floral aromatics. A unique and complex blend. Try with stuffed vine leaves, chicken salad or fried chicken and coleslaw, or grilled halloumi.
Passion and heritage has been passed down through the Bou Sleiman family for four generations. They blend respect for local tradition with modern techniques to craft contemporary wines, often a fusion of Old World and New World. The grapes are grown in the 78 hectare vineyard, situated at over 1,000 metres elevation in the beautiful Bekaa Valley. The altitude, microclimate and soils combine in this ancient terroir to produce fresh wines with a very Mediterranean feel.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Obeidy 92% Sauvignon Blanc 4% Viognier 4%|
A creamy textured wine with flavours of honey and lemon balanced by Sauvignon's crisp vivacity and citrus tones, with Viognier peachy and floral aromatics. A unique and complex blend.
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Chateau Oumsiyat Obeidy
Obeidy 92% Sauvignon Blanc 4% Viognier 4%