Situated in the Languedoc-Roussillon region, Minervois was awarded AOC status in 1985. Chateau Guery create this traditional blend from Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre grapes grown in sandstone (Gres) soils and night harvested. Controlled temperature fermentation with punching down of the cap used for the Syrah. The Syrah is aged for 6 months in French oak barrels.
The resulting wines has gentle perfumed aromas of violet and lavender pairing with enticing ripe blackberry, blackcurrant and fresh red cherry. Succulent, ripe and round, the palate bursts with deep jammy berry fruit and gentle warming spice underneath. Try with roasted lamb or curries.
The climate of Minervois is hot and dry with scrubby, rocky countryside of valleys and ridges providing ideal conditions for viticulture. The Guery family have owned their 40 hectares of vineyards for over 200 years. An immense respect for nature is given and the family work hard to create a perfect balance, with monitored yields and biodiversity encouraged. The soils range between silt, eroded sandy marl and alluvium.
|Grape:||Grenache 57% Syrah 28% Mourvedre 15%|
Gentle perfumed aromas of violet and lavender pairing with enticing ripe blackberry, blackcurrant and fresh red cherry. Succulent, ripe and round, the palate bursts with deep jammy berry fruit and gentle warming spice underneath.
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Chateau Guery Gres Minervois
Grenache 57% Syrah 28% Mourvedre 15%