A Grand Vin of Bordeaux, this is a typically tannic and supple fine wine from the Haut Medoc appellation. Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot grapes are harvested by hand with 15 to 28 days of maceration depending on the plot. 12 months ageing into oak barrels with 30% new oak.
The resulting wine shows aromas of red fruits with spicy notes. Red and black fruits jostle for prominence in the mouth before warming spice on the long finish. Try with duck, game or mushroom risotto.
The vineyard of Lucien Lurton's Chateau de Villegeorge is 12.32 hectares and is situated on the commune of Avensan. The vineyard blocks are made up of deep gravel soils and every stage of production is carefully adapted to each block. Their viticulture has been certified sustainable by Terra Vitis since 2003.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Cabernet Sauvignon 59% Merlot 41%|
Aromas of red fruits with spicy notes. Red and black fruits jostle for prominence in the mouth before warming spice on the long finish.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Chateau de Villegeorge|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery