Celler Del Roure Cullerot
Cellar del Roure's Cullerot uses the indigenous grape variety, Verdil, which the winery has worked to re-establish after being on the edge of extinction. This blend uses Verdil and Macabeo from 30 year old vines, Pedro Ximenez from 70 year old vines and Chardonnay from 15 year old vines grown at approximately 600 meters on clay-loam and sandy-loam soils. Once fermented, natural cold fining and minimal use of sulphur is used. The wine is aged for 6 months in clay amphorae.
Cullerot is a unique wine with an elegant nose of predominant aromas of stone and tropical fruit. The palate shows ripe tangerines from the Verdil, sweet spice from the PX, and mouth watering citrus, melon and a touch of biscuit from the Chardonnay and Macabeo. Finishing with a rich and creamy mouth feel that makes this wine a true show case of its style. Try with roast chicken, creamy potato dishes, or tapas.
Celler del Roure have become the pioneer of quality wine in Valencia, Spain. They are committed to nurturing and championing the indigenous varieties of the region, most notably the Mando and Verdil grapes, both of which have been on the edge of extinction. With an aim to save such grapes, they pay meticulous care in the vineyard and winery, reducing the need for sulphur additions so that the wines are verging on "natural". Their cellar uses Spanish amphorae called tinajas to ferment some of the wines, preserving their characteristic freshness, elegance, and distinct flavours.
Organic, Low Sulphur, Biodynamic and suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Verdil 30% Pedro Ximenez 30% Others 40%|
Cullerot is a unique wine with an elegant nose of predominant aromas of stone and tropical fruit. The palate shows ripe tangerines, sweet spice, mouth watering citrus, melon and a touch of biscuit. Finishing with a rich and creamy mouth feel.
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Celler del Roure|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket