Castelforte Ripasso Valpolicella
This Valpolicella Ripasso can also be referred to as a 'Baby Amarone' due to its production where the classic Valpolicella blend of Corvina, Rondinella and Molinara is infused during fermentation by the sweet, partially dried grape skins from previous production of Amarone.
Veneto's Casalforte then provide the minimum ageing of 12 months in oak to bring a red wine exuding Italian elegance. Aromas of cherry, cranberry, blackberry and subtle warming spice precede the full, textured palate The lingering finish is tinged with layers of smoke, sweet currants and vanilla. Try with braised lamb, beef steak, mushroom risotto or mature cheeses.
Casalforte (previously Castelforte) is Cantine Riondo Winery’s premium line representing the finest interpretation of the winemaking tradition of Veneto terroirs. Wines are elegant and full-bodied that pair perfectly with the most complex and sophisticated dishes of Italian and international cuisine.
|Grape:||Corvina, Rondinella, Molinara|
Aromas of cherry, cranberry, blackberry and subtle warming spice precede the full, textured palate The lingering finish is tinged with layers of smoke, sweet currants and vanilla.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Lamb|Beef|Mushroom|Risotto|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket