This is a classic Californian Cabernet Sauvignon, sourcing grapes from across the North Coast for flexibility to achieve the best wine possible. Some selected for powerful tannins, others selected for bold dark fruit notes, A touch of Merlot and Petit Verdot add finesse. The grapes were harvested at optimal ripeness before lengthy fermentation and ageing for 8 months in French and American oak.
The nose reveals a cornucopia of fruit such as plum, blackberry and cherry pie, alongside a savoury edge of dried herbs and dusty tannins. The palate is mouth-filling and velvety textured with a lingering finish. Try with steak, lamb chops, sausage pasta and mushroom dishes.
Tony Cartlidge founded Cartlidge & Browne in 1980 in an undistinguished Napa Valley garage. Nearly 40 years later, still sourcing from vineyards across the North Coast as wide ranging as Sonoma to the Sierra foothills, the winery produces high quality, varietally pure Californian wines. Current winemaker Paul Moser focuses on making wines in a fruit driven style in perfect balance with the environment.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Cabernet Sauvignon 88%, Merlot & Petit Verdot 12%|
The nose reveals a cornucopia of fruit such as plum, blackberry and cherry pie, alongside a savoury edge of dried herbs and dusty tannins. The palate is mouth-filling and velvety textured with a lingering finish.
|World Type:||New World|
|Producer:||Cartlidge & Browne|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Cartlidge and Browne Cabernet Sauvignon
Cabernet Sauvignon 88%, Merlot & Petit Verdot 12%