This Riserva Chianti Classico from Tenuta di Campomaggio is only produced in their best years and uses Sangiovese grapes from old vines of low yields. Fermentation in oak barrels before two thirds of the wine is aged for 12-18 months in large oak barrels. The final blend ages in bottle for 3-6 months before release.
Deep ruby red in colour, the bouquet has light tertiary hints of chocolate, sweet spices
and cloves. Then follow notes of blood orange closing with powerful fruity plum alongside light earth. On the palate it is generous and deep, with well balanced acidity, savoury nuances, crunchy tannins and a balsamic aftertaste. Try with game, roasted lamb, rich baked pasta dishes or mature hard cheeses.
The Tenuta di Campomaggio property stands on the Tuscan hillside of Campomaggio village. One of the most renowned areas for Chianti, their 32 hectares of vineyards are located at altitudes between 280 and 480 metres. The chalky-clay rich soil has lots of rock and stone, with 85% Sangiovese plantings and the remaining 15% Canaiolo, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah.
Bouquet has light tertiary hints of chocolate, sweet spices and cloves. Then follow notes of blood orange closing with powerful fruity plum alongside light earth. On the palate it is generous and deep, with well balanced acidity, savoury nuances, crunchy tannins and a balsamic aftertaste.
|Wine Making Process:||Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Game|Lamb|Pasta|Mature Cheese|Hard Cheese|
|Producer:||Tenuta di Campomaggio|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Campomaggio Chianti Classico Riserva: