A Hungarian red wine from the Egri/Eger region which is a fantastic example of the famed Bull's Blood native blend. This one carefully balances Kekfrankos, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir and Blauburger. Hand-harvested grapes were fermented in Hungarian oak barrels for 6 months to enhance bold dark fruits and peppery notes.
Ostoros Bull's Blood shows intense aromas of dark fruits, ripe plum, black pepper and hints of autumnal leaves. The rich, fruity palate adds vanilla notes and satisfying length. Try with game meat, beef, pork and spicy dishes.
Close to the Great Hungarian Plain, sitting on soils of volcanic rock and blessed with ample sunshine, the vineyards of Ostoros are well placed to create wines of character and personality. From the iconic Bull’s Blood to the more delicate Zweigelt, these wines aged in cool cellars over 200 years old, are perfect examples of how marrying tradition with modern ingenuity can create wines that everyone wants to drink.
|Grape:||Kekfrankos, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Blauburger|
Intense aromas of dark fruits, ripe plum, black pepper and hints of autumnal leaves. The rich, fruity palate adds vanilla notes and satisfying length.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery