A Hungarian red wine from the Egri/Eger region which is a fantastic example of the famed Bull's Blood native blend. This one carefully balances Kekfrankos, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir and Blauburger. Hand-harvested grapes were fermented in Hungarian oak barrels for 6 months to enhance bold dark fruits and peppery notes.
Ostoros Bull's Blood shows intense aromas of dark fruits, ripe plum, black pepper and hints of autumnal leaves. The rich, fruity palate adds vanilla notes and satisfying length. Try with game meat, beef, pork and spicy dishes.
Close to the Great Hungarian Plain, sitting on soils of volcanic rock and blessed with ample sunshine, the vineyards of Ostoros are well placed to create wines of character and personality. From the iconic Bull’s Blood to the more delicate Zweigelt, these wines aged in cool cellars over 200 years old, are perfect examples of how marrying tradition with modern ingenuity can create wines that everyone wants to drink.
|Grape:||Kekfrankos, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Blauburger|
Intense aromas of dark fruits, ripe plum, black pepper and hints of autumnal leaves. The rich, fruity palate adds vanilla notes and satisfying length.
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Ostoros Bull's Blood
Kekfrankos, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Blauburger