Made from the cult Indigenous grape variety, Mavrud, planted since ancient times and yet only covering less than 1% of the vineyard area of Bulgaria. Mavrud's home is thought to be the northern skirts of the Rhodopi Mountain south west of Plovdiv where the main vineyard block of Brestovitsa winery is situated.
This example typifies its profile as a full bodied wine with tremendous longevity, boasting red berry and raspberry aromas and flavours. One year in French oak barrels smooths out abundant tannins, that make this wine open up in complexity with age. Open up at least 30 minutes before consumption and try with red meat, game, or strong mature cheeses.
A full bodied wine with tremendous longevity, boasting red berry and raspberry aromas and flavours. Smooth, ripe tannins, that make this wine open up in complexity with age.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Game|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Brestovitsa Maximinus Thrax Mavrud