This unique Cuvee Noir Traditional Method from England's exceptional Bolney Estate uses hand picked Dornfelder grapes that are fermented on skins in stainless steel for 4-5 days. Malolactic fermentation and maturation in barrel, with a specialist red wine yeast used for the first ferment and the 18-2007 Champagne yeast for bottle fermentation. Aged on lees for four years for an sparkling red of amazing depth.
Aromas reminiscent of red fruits, especially red cherry, redcurrants and sweet blueberries. On the palate, a wonderful creamy richness and full-bodied mousse, packed full of ripe summer fruits, with a hint of sweet spice on the finish. Try with barbecue dishes, game, mushrooms, hard cheeses, bitter chocolate desserts or Christmas pudding.
Bolney Estate was established in 1972 by Janet and Rodney Pratt, who worked with dedication to achieve a coveted Silver Award at the IWSC (International Wine & Spirit Competition) in 1985 - a great achievement for English wine. Their first proper winery was opened in 2005 and it has been onwards and upwards ever since, with international recognition for their sparkling wines that rival the best in Europe.
Aromas reminiscent of red fruits, especially red cherry, redcurrants and sweet blueberries. On the palate, a wonderful creamy richness and full-bodied mousse, packed full of ripe summer fruits, with a hint of sweet spice on the finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Traditional Method|Lees|Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Barbecue|Game|Mushroom|Hard Cheese|Desserts|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Bolney Estate Cuvee Noir: