Bodegas Altolandon Rosalia Garnacha
Organic and Biodynamic winery Altolandon sits in the centre of its 1100m high altitude vineyards of the Manchuela DOC of Spain's La Mancha wine region. This premium Garnacha uses low yield, 100 year old vine grapes which bring excellent concentration. Fermented in open top barrels and amphora with manual punch-downs, the must is then directly pressed into 50% French oak barrels and 50% clay amphora for malolactic fermentation, before elevage for around 8 months.
Rosalia is vivid picota cherry red in colour, with a clean nose showing multitudes of mature red fruit, candy fruit, floral notes and a delicious balsamic end. Agile in the mouth with grippy and ripe tannins and pleasing fresh acidity. Try with semi-cured cheeses (smoked, salted), cold meats, lamb stew or grilled aubergine.
Bodegas Altolandon is located inland north west of Valencia. The winery sits in the centre of 120 hectares of vineyards, at 1,100 m above sea level. Certified organic methods are used in vineyards; only natural fertilisers, green pruning and hand-harvesting. Vinification is as natural as possible with only the first press used, spontaneous alcoholic fermentation with native yeasts and little intervention. In-barrel malolactic fermentation, and French oak or clay amphora used for ageing.
Biodynamic, Organic and suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
A clean nose showing multitudes of mature red fruit, candy fruit, floral notes and a delicious balsamic end. Agile in the mouth with grippy and ripe tannins and pleasing fresh acidity.
|Wine Making Process:||Malolactic|Old Vines|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Charcuterie|Lamb|Stew/Casserole|Aubergine|Smoked Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket