Organic and Biodynamic winery Altolandon sits in the centre of its 1100m high altitude vineyards of the Manchuela DOC of Spain's La Mancha wine region. This Malbec uses grapes from 15 year old vineyards on a flat plain surrounded by mountains. 2 to 3 weeks of skin contact is followed by spontaneous alcoholic fermentation with gentle pump-overs for 5 weeks. The wine is then pressed directly into 3rd use French oak barrels for 4 months' malolactic fermentation. Further ageing for 4 months takes place in 50% oak barrel and 50% clay amphora.
This creates a wine with a powerful nose of blackberry and blueberry with, rose, rosemary, violets and floral notes as well as a hint of spice. The palate is nicely concentrated and with fine tannins and big flavours of blueberry, plum and blackberry. Hints of bittersweet cocoa and a subtle stimulating flavour of mint and violet, dark cherry, red plum, earth, espresso, tobacco, dark chocolate, black pepper and black tea make for a highly complex palate. Try with lamb, aromatic Thai dishes with beef or pork, barbecue cuisine, blue cheese or pungent soft cheese.
Bodegas Altolandon is located inland north west of Valencia. The winery sits in the centre of 120 hectares of vineyards, at 1,100 m above sea level. Certified organic methods are used in vineyards; only natural fertilisers, green pruning and hand-harvesting. Vinification is as natural as possible with only the first press used, spontaneous alcoholic fermentation with native yeasts and little intervention. In-barrel malolactic fermentation, and French oak or clay amphora used for ageing.
Biodynamic, Organic and suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
A powerful nose of blackberry and blueberry with, rose, rosemary, violets and floral notes as well as a hint of spice. Fine tannins and big flavours of blueberry, plum and blackberry. Hints of bittersweet cocoa, mint and violet, dark cherry, red plum, earth, espresso, tobacco, dark chocolate, black pepper and black tea make for a highly complex palate.
|Wine Making Process:||Malolactic|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Lamb|Beef|Pork|East Asian dishes|Barbecue|Soft Cheese|Blue Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Bodegas Altolandon Mil Historias Malbec: