Organic and Biodynamic winery Altolandon sits in the centre of its 1100m high altitude vineyards of the Manchuela DOC of Spain's La Mancha wine region. This Garnacha uses grapes that are left in contact with the skins for 2 to 3 weeks before spontaneous fermentation with gentle pumping over for 5 weeks. The wine is then pressed directly into third use French oak barrels for malolactic fermentation, with elevage of about 4 months in oak barrels before bottling.
Mil Historias Garnacha is bright picota cherry red in colour. The nose shows clean and intense black fruits, candy and floral notes. A medley of plum, strawberry, black cherry and blackcurrant on the palate with undertones of white pepper, earth, and a pleasant balsamic finish. Elegant and crisp with mineral undertones and notes of rosemary and cedar that emerge as the wine evolves. Try with slow braised or roasted beef or lamb, grilled aubergine or tuna, pulse stews, or goats, manchego or swiss cheeses.
Bodegas Altolandon is located inland north west of Valencia. The winery sits in the centre of 120 hectares of vineyards, at 1,100 m above sea level. Certified organic methods are used in vineyards; only natural fertilisers, green pruning and hand-harvesting. Vinification is as natural as possible with only the first press used, spontaneous alcoholic fermentation with native yeasts and little intervention. In-barrel malolactic fermentation, and French oak or clay amphora used for ageing.
Biodynamic, Organic and suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
The nose shows clean and intense black fruits, candy and floral notes. A medley of plum, strawberry, black cherry and blackcurrant on the palate with undertones of white pepper, earth, and a pleasant balsamic finish. Elegant and crisp with mineral undertones and notes of rosemary and cedar that emerge as the wine evolves.
|Wine Making Process:||Malolactic|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Aubergine|Fish|Pulses|Stew/Casserole|Goats Cheese|Hard Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Bodegas Altolandon Mil Historias Garnacha: