Organic and Biodynamic winery Altolandon sits in the centre of its 1100m high altitude vineyards of the Manchuela DOC of Spain's La Mancha wine region. This Bobal uses grapes that are harvested late, by hand, into small cases. 2 to 3 weeks of skin contact is followed by spontaneous alcoholic fermentation with gentle pump-overs for 5 weeks. The wine is then pressed directly into 3rd use French oak barrels for 4 months' malolactic fermentation.
Mil Historias Bobal is a wine of deep cherry colour with violet tints. Intense aromas of ripe red seasonal fruit (cherries, blackberries, blackcurrant), subtle hints of violets, rosemary and a touch of black pepper. The palate has distinctive power and vibrant crunchy-fruit and freshness, with soft and ripe tannins. Spicy and juicy with excellent depth of finish. Try with richly flavoured roast or barbecue meats, charcuterie, paella, or mature hard cheeses.
Bodegas Altolandon is located inland north west of Valencia. The winery sits in the centre of 120 hectares of vineyards, at 1,100 m above sea level. Certified organic methods are used in vineyards; only natural fertilisers, green pruning and hand-harvesting. Vinification is as natural as possible with only the first press used, spontaneous alcoholic fermentation with native yeasts and little intervention. In-barrel malolactic fermentation, and French oak or clay amphora used for ageing.
Biodynamic, Organic and suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
Intense aromas of ripe red seasonal fruit (cherries, blackberries, blackcurrant), subtle hints of violets, rosemary and a touch of black pepper. The palate has distinctive power and vibrant crunchy-fruit and freshness, with soft and ripe tannins. Spicy and juicy with excellent depth of finish.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Wine Making Process:||Malolactic|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Game|Lamb|Barbecue|Paella|Mature Cheese|Charcuterie|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket