Bock Winery produce this flagship wine of the Villany wine region of Hungary. It is Villany's main grape and has a long history as the community's traditional wine for everyday life and good conversation. Portugeiser grapes from selected vineyards undergo a few months of maturation in oak barrels for smooth and youthful wine.
Villanyi Portageza shows soft fruit aromas of plum, blackcurrant and black cherry balancing subtle earthy forest floor. The velvety palate shows low tannins and fresh cherry flavours for an approachable, easy drinking wine. Try with goose, smoked sausage, or wild mushroom and eggplant filo.
Jozsef Gyorgy Bock was born in a little village not far from Villány and spent his time after work at the family vineyard, before starting to make wine independently in 1981, with first bottles produced in 1987. His 1991 Bock Cuvée won the Champion Prize at the Vinagora International Wine Competition and he was awarded the country's Winemaker of the Year title in 1997.
Soft fruit aromas of plum, blackcurrant and black cherry balancing subtle earthy forest floor. The velvety palate shows low tannins and fresh cherry flavours for an approachable, easy drinking wine.
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Bock Villanyi Portageza: