Bordeaux's Margaux wines benefit from a unique microclimate between the Atlantic Ocean and the Gironde estuary. Blason d’Issan is Chateau d'Issan's second wine, introduced from 1995 onwards to enable selection amongst vines growing in the Margaux appellation. Fruit from the youngest vines is used to produce this wine, aged in barrels for 14 to 16 months, one third of which are new. Annual production is around 120,000 bottles.
The result is wine of deep ruby appearance with a bright vivid bouquet of perfumed dark cherry and blueberry scents, and a hint of pencil lead in the background. The palate is medium-bodied with a mineral-driven opening. Harmonious in the mouth and disarmingly silky in texture with excellent structure towards the finish. Try with rich red meat and vegetable dishes, or aged hard cheeses.
Suitable for Vegans
|Grape:||Cabernet Sauvignon 77% Merlot 23%|
A bright vivid bouquet of perfumed dark cherry and blueberry scents, and a hint of pencil lead in the background. The palate is medium-bodied with a mineral-driven opening. Harmonious in the mouth and disarmingly silky in texture with excellent structure towards the finish.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Mushroom|Game|Roast vegetables|Stew/Casserole|Beef|Lamb|Hard Cheese|Mature Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery