The Bernard Series from South Africa's Bellingham Estate is dedicated to their founder, Bernard Podlashuk. This Chenin Blanc hand harvests from low yielding, 35-47 year old vines on the Cape Coast (Paarl, Stellenbosch and Cape Town). Naturally fermented and matured in 50% French oak barrel and 50% second fill barrels with extended lees contact and monthly battonage for 12 months.
A luminescent gold wine with fleshy peach, passion fruit, honey melon, papaya and pineapple fruit aromas layered with whiffs of oatmeal and crushed wheat. These follow through with a lavish concentrated fruit palate that is powerful yet balanced. The riveting finish is fresh with tremendous length and lingering touches of honey and oak spice. Try with roast chicken, creamy pastas, seafood or creamy cheeses.
The Bellingham Estate has a wealth of history, with the first vines planted by French Huguenot descendants in 1693 , before passing through the families until the production of Franschoek, and the Cape's, first rose wine in 1949, followed by the first varietal Shiraz in 1956. Today, while still inspired by its history of innovation, Bellingham is firmly set in the 21st century, producing contemporary, structured wines with an unmistakable sense of place and style.
Winner of Platinum at the 2021 Decanter World Wines Awards.
|Grape:||Chenin Blanc 100%|
Fleshy peach, passion fruit, honey melon, papaya and pineapple fruit aromas layered with whiffs of oatmeal and crushed wheat. A lavish concentrated fruit palate that is powerful yet balanced. The riveting lengthy finish with lingering touches of honey and oak spice.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Old Vines|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Chicken|Pasta|Seafood|Soft Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Bellingham Bernard Series Old Vine Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc 100%