The Bernard Series from South Africa's Bellingham Estate is dedicated to their founder, Bernard Podlashuk. This Viognier hand harvests from low yielding vineyards on the Cape Coast. Fermented on the lees with specially selected yeasts to retain fruity aromas before partial maturation in old oak barrels to add layered complexity.
A fragrant peach and white pear character with a textured and rounded palate. Full flavours of peach and apricot. The finish brings a tropical fruit touch with spice intrigue from oak ageing. Try with flavourful fish, mildly spiced curries, roast chicken or creamy cheeses with sharp flavours.
The Bellingham Estate has a wealth of history, with the first vines planted by French Huguenot descendants in 1693 , before passing through the families until the production of Franschoek, and the Cape's, first rose wine in 1949, followed by the first varietal Shiraz in 1956. Today, while still inspired by its history of innovation, Bellingham is firmly set in the 21st century, producing contemporary, structured wines with an unmistakable sense of place and style.
A fragrant peach and white pear character with a textured and rounded palate. Full flavours of peach and apricot. The finish brings a tropical fruit touch with spice intrigue from oak ageing.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Fish|Curry|East Asian dishes|South Asian dishes|Chicken|Soft Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Bellingham Bernard Series Hand Picked Viognier