Barkan Winery bring together European Merlot with the native Argaman grape, known for creating richly coloured and intensely fruity wine. The result of this blend is a robust red wine of dark purple appearance, with pronounced fresh berry aromas. The palate brings depth, good body and gentle tannins, with lots of wild berry flavours. Try with roast veal, lamb kebabs or braised eggplant.
Israel's Barkan Winery has been in existence since the end of the 19th century and has always focused first and foremost on the highest quality of grapes. Top-grade breeds were brought from all over the world for Barkan vineyards, which now stretch over 2,200 acres with varieties grown in areas of optimum suitability. The winery owns the largest barrel hall in Israel, hosting 5,000 barrels, and produces wine with the most advanced and modern means in the wine world.
This wine is Mevushal and Kosher for Passover.
|Grape:||Merlot 50% Argaman 50%|
Pronounced fresh berry aromas. The palate brings depth, good body and gentle tannins, with lots of wild berry flavours.
|Wine Making Process:||Mevushal|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Lamb|Aubergine|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Barkan Classic Merlot Argaman
Merlot 50% Argaman 50%