A Chilean Reserva Syrah using the best grapes from their Loncomilla Valley vineyards, with 10 months oak barrel maturation and a further 3 months in bottle before release. Aves del Sur translates to Birds of the South, with each wine label celebrating a different bird species.
Deep ruby in colour with intense aromas of cherry and blueberry alongside hints of coffee and earthy tobacco. Ripe and rounded tannins on the palate, with black cherry at the fore and layers of nutmeg, clove and vanilla, with a touch of smoke and game from careful ageing. Deep, yet elegant. Try with barbecue cuisine or Asian/Pacific Rim sweet sauce dishes.
The Del Pedregal family, brand owners of Aves del Sur have been making wine since 1825, when Carlos Alberto del Pedregal, hailing from Asturias in Spain, was attracted by the excellent viticultural conditions in the Loncomilla Valley in the heart of the Maule Valley. This eight-generation winery has adapted modern wine making techniques to the needs of the 21st century consumer.
|Region/Appellation:||Central Valley/Maule Valley|
Intense aromas of cherry and blueberry alongside hints of coffee and earthy tobacco. Ripe and rounded tannins on the palate, with black cherry at the fore and layers of nutmeg, clove, vanilla, smoke and game
|Wine Making Process:||Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Barbecue|East Asian dishes|
|Producer:||Del Pedregal Winery|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Aves del Sur Reserva Syrah