Produttori de Manduria's Alice white wine uses the beautiful Verdeca grape, at its finest in this region that sits in the heel of Italy within Puglia. This rare variety of native grape is picked from 15 to 20 year old espalier trained low yield vines. Low temperature fermentation in stainless steel vats helps to retain freshness and purity.
Alice is straw yellow in colour, with an aromatic nose of white flowers mixed with citrus notes as well as pear and pineapple. The dry, mineral palate shows zesty lemon balancing tropical notes, with a fresh finish. Try with baked pastries or light dishes with lemon acidity.
Manduria is considered the birth place of the native Primitivo grape, and was officially recognised as such in the 1970s when a DOC was created for the region. However Produttori di Manduria had been making wines for 40 years by then, unashamedly proud of their deep affection for Primitivo. This co-operative is well versed in producing fascinating whites from Fiano and Verdeca, as well as some of the best Primitivos on offer.
Aromatic nose of white flowers mixed with citrus notes as well as pear and pineapple. The dry, mineral palate shows zesty lemon balancing tropical notes, with a fresh finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Produttori di Manduria|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket