The Alejandro range of wines pride themselves on creating the best of European tastes with a South Australian twist, championing unusual and sometime forgotten grapes that thrive in the region. Lagrein grapes (originally from Italy) are grown on an organic vineyard in the hot Riverland climate. Matured for 15 months in new and old French oak, this full red has a further 5 years' cellar potential.
The deepest dark purple-red, with dark red hues in appearance, this wine shows aromas of black olive, black tea and toasted French oak. The palate is big and full-bodied with grippy tannins, with the longest finish. Try with flavourful meals such as beef stew with mushrooms and roasted root vegetables.
After a trip to Spain, Russell & Suitor winemaker Alex Russell launched his first label ‘Alejandro’ in 2014. Alex’s time abroad inspired him to explore the potential of locally grown grapes that respond exceedingly well to the South Australian climate with all the character and complexity of their Spanish counterparts.
Aromas of black olive, black tea and toasted French oak. The palate is big and full-bodied with grippy tannins, with the longest finish. Try with flavourful meals such as beef stew with mushrooms and roasted root vegetables.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Stew/Casserole|Beef|Mushroom|Hard Cheese|Mature Cheese|Roast vegetables|
|Producer:||Russell & Suitor Wines|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery