This charming southern French wine hails from Languedoc-based winemakers Xavier Roger. The name of the wine is derived from the Syrah grape growth cycle - exactly 229 days between the bud break in Spring and the leaf fall in Autumn. The area's climatic conditions with hot, dry summers are perfect for letting Syrah reach its optimum ripeness, while maintaining natural elegance and balance.
229 Syrah is a great wine, brimming with black fruit aromas. The palate is bold and full-bodied with dense ripeness of blueberry and an underlay of black olive. The finish is unctuous, juicy and lingers with tannins that are silky soft. Less filtration means there may be some sendiment present - optionally decant before serving. Try with beef, barbecued meats, casserole dishes with mushroom or aubergine., or mature cheeses.
Mastering the nuances of Southern French varietals and combining traditional and modern winemaking techniques, Xavier Roger wines are a superb example of the quality that are now being produced in the South of France. Using the best parcels in the area, for a range that is truly outstanding.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians.
Brimming with black fruit aromas, the palate is bold and full-bodied with dense ripeness of blueberry and an underlay of black olive. The finish is unctuous, juicy and lingers with tannins that are silky soft.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Stew/Casserole|Mushroom|Aubergine|Barbecue|Mature Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery