Fico Grande Sangiovese
Fico Grande Sangiovese from Poderi dal Nespoli is a lovely expression of this grape as a varietal from Emilia Romagna. Ruby red with medium body, it shows intense perfume of bright red berries with a touch of warming spice. The soft, supple palate brings fresh red cherry and raspberry flavours with smooth tannins, subtle herbs and a sprinkling of black pepper. Try with tomato-based dishes - pasta, pizza, antipasti - cold cured meats, pecorino, mozzarella or blue cheese.
Poderi dal Nespoli is located in the southern part of Emilia-Romagna, where the Tuscan Apennines connect to the Adriatic Coast. A family-run estate now in its fourth generation, the Ravaioli family established the winery in 1929, and today they run the estate with the same passion and love for the land. This single estate winery combines traditional winemaking techniques with innovation and state-of-the-art equipment to produce great examples of rich, food-friendly wines of this classic region.
Intense perfume of bright red berries with a touch of warming spice. The soft, supple palate brings fresh red cherry and raspberry flavours with smooth tannins, subtle herbs. and a sprinkling of black pepper.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Antipasti|Charcuterie|Pasta|Pizza|Blue Cheese|Cheese|
|Producer:||Poderi dal Nespoli|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket